The Regional Capital of Caprecia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The quiet, industrious population of 19.634 billion Caprecians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jandrea. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Caprecian economy, worth a remarkable 1,421 trillion Caprecs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,395 Caprecs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caprecia's national animal is the argenis deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Caprecia altered its national flag.
- : Caprecia relocated from Lazarus to Caprecia.
- : Caprecia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Caprecia ceased to exist in Caprecia.