|Leader||Karl Berne the XLIV|
The Nordic Monarch of Cantanasia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Karl Berne the XLIV with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 3.558 billion Cantanasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cesarcsa. The average income tax rate is 53.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cantanasian economy, worth 385 trillion Allegros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,229 Allegros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, and major boxing matches are held in government buildings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cantanasia's national animal is the Emolga and its national religion is Atheist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cantanasia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Humanitarian Transport"".
- : Cantanasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Cantanasia's influence in Southern Africa rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Cantanasia approved the World Assembly proposal "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Cantanasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Cantanasia proposed constructing embassies between Southern Africa and Laraniem.
- : Cantanasia created a new poll in Southern Africa: "Europe Group I".
- : Following new legislation in Cantanasia, major boxing matches are held in government buildings.
- : Cantanasia lodged a message on the Southern Africa Regional Message Board.
- : Cantanasia endorsed The Armed Republic of Desarrollo.