The Gweriniaeth of Canovium is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Glyndŵr with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, zero percent divorce rate, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, humorless population of 9.587 billion Canovas have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maes-teg. The average income tax rate is 82.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Canoviumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,149 trillion Credyds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 119,851 Credyds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Infantry are nicknamed "mushrooms" because they get fed crap and are left in the dark, voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary, "Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up, and prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Canovium's national animal is the Ddraig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cristnogaeth.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Canovium was endorsed by The Republic of Neue Prussian Republic.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, "Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary.
- : Canovium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, infantry are nicknamed "mushrooms" because they get fed crap and are left in the dark.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, the Ddraig is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, cars are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
Endorsements Received: 131 » Republic of Satherland, Super Happy Land, Regnum Italiae, GanymedEuropa, North of Americas, Ausvelt, Imperium Anglorum, Thracia and Crimea, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, Galway-Dublin, Umeria, Maritzal, Falvaard, Ostermarch, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, Savinecross, Elisabethshagen, Lyallpur, Yahlia, Someseni, Heinsbergen, Dauershire, Jim the Baptist, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Leranditale, The Champions League, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Rivierenland, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Bohomo, Desibia, Irminsulia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Lovisa, South St Maarten, Grodisze, Soviet Krussia, The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Destyntine, Eritei, Kurfuerstentum Brandenburg-Mecklenburg, Northwest Isles, Leszno, Nardin, Wessex and Cornwall, and 81 others.Abject Ludicrosity, Brakanistan, An Clar, New Vorarlberg, Quentenia, Wiener-Neustadt, Nea Europa, Hafrsa, Chioganah, Weltbeherrschung, Trixeland, Monkistan, Arorska, The Kingdom of Denmark, Viktorias, ENOTRIA, Purgatio, Toaddia, Chronus, Taboritia, Yoannes, Boldia, Jahass, New Ylicia, Outer Sparta, Old World Order, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Apabeossie, Meropis, Enway, Crestphalia, Owlograd, Esvonia, Epistimi Evimeria, Kanokla, Anskerdank, Kyrica, Leiningerland, Eski, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, NorthPortugal, New Eestiball, Great Winminster, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Greater Icelandia, Othenhiem, Sloburg, Nevelja, Bombastion, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Iskattland, Lizberzand, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Ansington, Stromia, Christian Terra, Gliesetonia, Anglo-Francios, Berlin and Hanover, Powiat Miechowski, Lord Sapre, Robbonia, Parliamentary Laramidia, Estonesia, Greater Bahland, Joshatu, Khuravia, Hallorland, Elania Kingdom, Trisikistan, The Rebels of Ireland, Kurdislavic Algharbistan, Mallesia, A3161, Namiona, East Kirea, Mimeer, and Neue Prussian Republic.