The Gweriniaeth of Canovium is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Glyndŵr with an even hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, daily referendums, and national health service. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.379 billion Canovas are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maes-teg. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Canoviumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,559 trillion Credyds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 137,083 Credyds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glyndŵr's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and new Canoviumian taxis are fitted with server racks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Canovium's national animal is the Ddraig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cristnogaeth.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, new Canoviumian taxis are fitted with server racks.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, Glyndŵr's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, gossip magazines have pictures of Glyndŵr sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Canovium endorsed The Commonwealth of Corsoaua.
- : Canovium was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Corsoaua.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, kindergartners love the free balloons that their schools give them.
- : Following new legislation in Canovium, the parliament building has installed a revolving door.
Endorsements Received: 134 » Republic of Satherland, Super Happy Land, Regnum Italiae, GanymedEuropa, North of Americas, Ausvelt, Imperium Anglorum, Thracia and Crimea, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, Galway-Dublin, Umeria, Maritzal, Falvaard, Ostermarch, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, Savinecross, Elisabethshagen, Yahlia, Someseni, Heinsbergen, Dauershire, Jim the Baptist, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Leranditale, The Champions League, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Desibia, Irminsulia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Lovisa, South St Maarten, Grodisze, The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Eritei, Kurfuerstentum Brandenburg-Mecklenburg, Northwest Isles, Leszno, Nardin, Brakanistan, An Clar, New Vorarlberg, Quentenia, Wiener-Neustadt, Nea Europa, and 84 others.Chioganah, Weltbeherrschung, Trixeland, Monkistan, Purgatio, Chronus, Boldia, Jahass, Outer Sparta, Old World Order, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Apabeossie, Meropis, Esvonia, Epistimi Evimeria, Kanokla, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, NorthPortugal, New Eestiball, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Greater Icelandia, Othenhiem, Sloburg, Nevelja, Bombastion, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Iskattland, Zulrich, Stromia, Christian Terra, Gliesetonia, Anglo-Francios, Lord Sapre, Robbonia, Parliamentary Laramidia, Estonesia, Khuravia, Elania Kingdom, Trisikistan, East Kirea, The Scandinavian Realm, Maalat, Eppur, Bareu, Europe a Nation, Wombelland, Feldorf, Fanadia, Noristoniaka, Nomaida, New Ylicia, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Janart, Rocebard, Mombourg, Girvage, Panversia, Schiltia, PPRP, Arbere, The Federal States of Ezasao, Why are we hear, Ottterland, Lodhs beard, Armbruster, Alsted, Belvanski, The New Mexican Confederation, Nova Babilonia, Migurson, Berlin and Hanover, Ceplon, Rary, United States of Russia1, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Magyarostan, Dervenland, Dabarastan, Heplon, Gorzi, The Italian Peninsulla, and Corsoaua.