The Allied States of Candy Pumpkin is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions and absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 526 million Candy Pumpkinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 19.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Candy Pumpkinian economy, worth 19.1 trillion golds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,292 golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The death penalty has been reintroduced, solid-gold toilets are Candy Pumpkinian prisons' least expensive furnishings, the realistic depiction of tentacles is on the core syllabus of most art schools, and the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause. Crime is well under control. Candy Pumpkin's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Candy Pumpkin's influence in Leucippus fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : The Republic of Xeng Teri Lynn dismissed Candy Pumpkin as Sadako of Communist and Socialist Faction.
- : Candy Pumpkin's influence in Leucippus rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Candy Pumpkin relocated from Providence of State to Leucippus.
- : Candy Pumpkin resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Candy Pumpkin's influence in Providence of State rose from "Zero" to "Truckler".
- : Candy Pumpkin relocated from Leucippus to Providence of State.
- : Candy Pumpkin endorsed The Holy Empire of Light Titan.
- : Candy Pumpkin was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Candy Pumpkin applied to join the World Assembly.