The Republic of Candavia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Petko Boskovksi with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.587 billion Candavians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skopje. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Candavian economy, worth 241 trillion candas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 152,436 candas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 509,051 per year while the poor average 33,959, a ratio of 15.0 to 1.
Many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and an enormous health awareness programme is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Candavia's national animal is the bottlenose dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Candavia was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Candavia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, minorities play dumb to get more welfare payments.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Candavia, college-level writing classes are taught by undergraduate editors of the school newspaper.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Imperium Anglorum, Republic of Satherland, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Death Bat, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, Slavonia and Srijem, Greate San Marino, Northern German Federation, Pazano, Thracia Republic, Outer Sparta, Troltovia, Wombelland, The Seven Provinces, Ahma, Miharr, The New Nordic Union, St Scarlett, Nardin, Kaspinia, Dark Matter, Eritei, Bohomo, An Clar, Thracia and Crimea, Kenmoria WA Mission, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, GanymedEuropa, Feria-Alkaline, Pilipinas and Malaya, Bahnhofstrasse, Apabeossie, Mantcor, The Champions League, Slavorussia, Supcotia, Einswenn, Far Lim Ter, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Purgatio, Pydrus, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Gingera, Alsted, and 25 others.Stromia, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Nevelja, Permorania, Free Furentenia, Elisabethshagen, Mallesia, Neuchateau, Alba-Nord, Leszno, Walfo, Porury, The Mongol Plain, Preusses, Lord Sapre, New Ylicia, Enway, Elitestland, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Jim the Baptist, Kanokla, Aslicuria, and Riverpost.