The Constitutional Monarchy of Can Badia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Darin Hawke with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.745 billion Can Badians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Hague. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Can Badian economy, worth 209 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 119,900 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, choking on guilders is a leading cause of death for wild animals, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Can Badia's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Koboldism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Can Badia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Can Badia, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Following new legislation in Can Badia, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry.
- : Following new legislation in Can Badia, choking on guilders is a leading cause of death for wild animals.
- : Following new legislation in Can Badia, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps.
- : Can Badia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wickedly evil people".
- : Can Badia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Can Badia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Can Badia, signs of extraterrestrial life are just foreign astronauts evading Can Badian justice.
- : Following new legislation in Can Badia, the love has gone in Can Badia.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Asendavia, Pakitsk, East Malaysia, VW53Aland, Santa Dystopia, A mean old man, Gunov, Debluu, Staynes, Axdel, Eastern Alksearia, New Leganes, BearStackof2015, Modra, Oofery, North Bernia, Dravida India, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Layngderfleethe, Wallenburg, Dannemarie, Brotherland, Technocratic Tagalog, Dragons Blood, Greater New Cassandra, Spiruvania, ArenaC, Ridann, Lingu, From New World, Northern Celavon, Veterans Association, Aquyia, ReReReRepublic, Pirnovo, Dahom, Aivintis, ABM IS NOT A REAL STRAND, Hizuru, The Atlae Isles, Saint Richelieu, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Sunsistan, Edwardsport, Formaro, Sandboxford, Cellar Doors, Nereua, Canadian Technocrats, and 7 others.Rhealaliit, Alemannian Empire, Enlil, Kandorith, MikGonnia, Talakra, and Albrook.