The Nationalist Hivemind of Calva is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Dimitrios Nikolopoulos with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, avant-garde cinema, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 16.239 billion Calvans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agios Górtyna. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Calvan economy, worth a remarkable 3,309 trillion Goas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 203,821 Goas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, and it is common to still see adults with training wheels on their bikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calva's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Greek Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Calva, it is common to still see adults with training wheels on their bikes.
- : Following new legislation in Calva, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Following new legislation in Calva, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight.
- : Following new legislation in Calva, the government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers.
- : Following new legislation in Calva, solid-gold toilets are Calvan prisons' least expensive furnishings.
- : Calva voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Calva lodged a message on the The Glorious Nations of Iwaku Regional Message Board.
- : Calva was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Calva voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Calva voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Chinohana.