|Leader||Compagne Nadia Verte|
The Free Land of Calrad is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Compagne Nadia Verte with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, sprawling nuclear power plants, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.13 billion Calradians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pravend. The average income tax rate is 87.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Calradian economy, worth 302 trillion Ducats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 142,044 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police officers compete for the highest commissions from fines, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, and the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead. Crime is totally unknown. Calrad's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, police officers compete for the highest commissions from fines.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, voting is voluntary.
- : Calrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Calrad was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Zyrcrestia.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Calrad was endorsed by The People's Republic of Dovant.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Wysrod, Valentian Elysium, Tholosis, Caldorado, Evertopia, Solarampa, Vivolkha, Dustwind, Greenmont Federation, Pianaville, Creeptopia, Ferte, Anisopterra, Yakkandiania, Blogotopia, Waitiki, Zopciria, Northern Nivaria, Namakan, Palman, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Isentran, Zeganas, Gewisse, QuazaFire, Chip Skylark, Prairiesora, The Parandeam, Anollasia, Novegia, Katitania, Ignis Cinere, Drewish, Solsevara, Better Indonesia, Marxist Germany, Islands of Czechia, Adrinian, Seantonia, Tzo, Iontan, Liberdon, Zeklandia, Pardul, Colonel Terrosit, Mastodonia, Juiulia, Eist, Vill Send, and 38 others.United States of Island land, Ner Epiand, Maalemzya, Seranis, Grungerock, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Holma, The Galactic American Imperium, Arnesia, Megistos, S Mova Derat, New Kowloon Bay, Selu-Ahare, Krystalveil, Lisokyo, Medetas, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Killettland, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Tierra de Platanos, The Indian Royalty, Nibi Naabe, Capea, Silvedania, Mauryana, Oppressthemville, Saint Islaw Wra, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Ilfarasia, Venmere, Dorab, Grimmywelsh, Dovant, and Zyrcrestia.