The Federation of Calmarya is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its national health service, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 234 million Calmaryans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.3%.
The all-consuming Calmaryan economy, worth 24.1 trillion Calmaryan Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 102,920 Calmaryan Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 348,921 per year while the poor average 22,416, a ratio of 15.6 to 1.
The nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, mandatory state-funded classes teach Libertarianism, and prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Calmarya's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calmarya was endorsed by The Holy Capitalist Haven of La xinga.
- : Calmarya was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, mandatory state-funded classes teach Libertarianism.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, the nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Modra, H-Zhena, Liberstankonia, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Khadah, Libertanny, Brotherland, Flench, Pakitsk, A Slanted Black Stripe, Republic of Berzerkistan, Filipopol, Drunken Seal Islands, Rhealaliit, Kaigi, Washingtonian Order, Todd McCloud, Tshana, Roliganistan, Federated States of Zootron, Asendavia, Bai Lung, Ridann, ReeK, Mays Austrian Nation, Freedom Fascists, VW53Aland, Squid Ruinosa, Kangarawa, Rainbow Vests, Stellar Colonies, Evrigenis, Sovietsoyuz, Tretrid, Philville2, A mean old man, Lanagon, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Goodnamesarerare, Duracell, The United Neo American Union, Axdel, Kyrtizhan, Trulu, Dragons Blood, Riveraland, East Malaysia, Nevertopia, Santa Dystopia, and 14 others.Jakubonia, Arcady-Asclepia, West Akhzaristan, Centrical Union, Unger under over, Coruh, EnderShnovia, Merlovich, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Zukchiva, Gyp Land, Survivoristan, Refuge Isle, and La xinga.