The United Socialist States of Callid is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Oscar Weirman with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.057 billion Callidians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Callidium. The average income tax rate is 91.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Callidian economy, worth 525 trillion Callidian Quams a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 103,908 Callidian Quams, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Callidian sovereign territory, and engineers preemptively order lawyers after every power cut. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Callid's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Callid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Callid's influence in The Leftist Assembly rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Callid relocated from Balder to The Leftist Assembly.
- : Callid applied to join the World Assembly.