The United Republics of Calliana is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lesharo Wiker with an iron fist, and renowned for its smutty television, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.417 billion Callianers are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brenna. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Callianan economy, worth 318 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 131,795 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The armed forces pride themselves on being conventional and predictable, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, bris parties are all the rage, and nine out of ten citizens of Calliana answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calliana's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calliana withdrew its endorsement from The Syndicate of Servilis.
- : Calliana lost the endorsement of The Syndicate of Servilis.
- : Calliana published "Valdemar II, (Disputed) Emperor of Calliana" (Account: Culture).
- : Calliana published "Tola the Great, the Spiritual Father of Calliana" (Account: Culture).
- : Calliana published "Tola the Great, the Spiritual Father of Calliana" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Calliana published "Valdemar II, (Disputed) Emperor of Calliana" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Calliana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Calliana, nine out of ten citizens of Calliana answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation.
- : Following new legislation in Calliana, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Calliana, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Kethania, Marxmeans, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Anarhic Morrowind, Zaversko, Illeron, Vulga, The Great Black Flag, United States of Stalinia, Shamian, Uinted Communist of Africa, Soviet Felines, and New CSSR.