The Republic of California and Baja Peninsula is a small, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 45 million California and Baja Peninsulans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling California and Baja Peninsulan economy, worth 770 billion Bajis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is 17,116 Bajis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, nudity is frowned upon, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. California and Baja Peninsula's national animal is the Grizzly Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : California and Baja Peninsula's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : California and Baja Peninsula was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality and Most Authoritarian and the Top 10% for Most Extreme and Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : California and Baja Peninsula's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : California and Baja Peninsula relocated from The Leftist Assembly to The Free Nations Region.
- : California and Baja Peninsula changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- : California and Baja Peninsula altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in California and Baja Peninsula, voting is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in California and Baja Peninsula, nudity is frowned upon.
- : California and Baja Peninsula's influence in The Leftist Assembly rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in California and Baja Peninsula, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.