The We Just Left Rhode Island of Caleonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chad Johnson with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 2.861 billion Caleonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rodney Childers. The average income tax rate is 76.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Caleonian economy, worth 548 trillion Puyo Renibis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 191,747 Puyo Renibis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, the government has implemented minimum wage laws, the nation's train stations are widely considered to be the ugliest in Lardyland, and the Caleonia Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caleonia's national animal is the Automobile, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caleonia lodged a message on the Lardyland Regional Message Board.
- : Caleonia's influence in Lardyland rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Caleonia published "My Sig Quote, Taken from The Muppet Movie" (Meta: Reference).
- : Caleonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Caleonia, the Caleonia Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- : Caleonia changed its national motto to "Yeah, we just left Rhode Island.".
- : Caleonia changed its national nation type to "We Just Left Rhode Island".
- : Caleonia changed its national nation type to "Summer Hiatus".
- : Following new legislation in Caleonia, the nation's train stations are widely considered to be the ugliest in Lardyland.
- : Caleonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.