|Leader||The Worker's Councils of Comrades|
The Anarchist Territories of Calamari Lands is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by The Worker's Councils of Comrades with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.421 billion Squid Peeps hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kéfalokratía. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Calamarilandese economy, worth 628 trillion INkoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 116,017 INkoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Kéfalokratía Times is sold out, most people learn to drive on crash courses, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamari Lands's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Critical Thinking.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calamari Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Calamari Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Calamari Lands approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Calamari Lands approved the World Assembly proposal "Freedom of dress".
- : Calamari Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Calamari Lands endorsed The Commonwealth of Neo Neo Paris.
- : Calamari Lands was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Neo Neo Paris.
- : Calamari Lands lodged a message on the Mariner Trench Regional Message Board.
- : Calamari Lands endorsed The Republic of Malestare animals.
- : Calamari Lands was endorsed by The Republic of Malestare animals.