The Friendly Ghosts of Calalin is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by my shadow with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.768 billion Calalini are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of somewhere else. The average income tax rate is 93.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Calalini economy, worth 293 trillion imaginary numbers a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 166,277 imaginary numbers, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Business leaders are mailing my shadow forged birth certificates in a bid to win their rivals as serfs, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, residents firmly believe there is no spoon (Calalin has found 4 easter eggs), and school children across the country are staging hunger strikes to protest government-mandated salads. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Calalin's national animal is the unwitting mortal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is assorted cults.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calalin was endorsed by The Rejected Irrelevance of Fauxia.
- : Calalin was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Kyo's Sons of Toerana.
- : Calalin lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Calalin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : Following new legislation in Calalin, school children across the country are staging hunger strikes to protest government-mandated salads.
- : Following new legislation in Calalin, residents firmly believe there is no spoon (Calalin has found 4 easter eggs).
- : Following new legislation in Calalin, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted.
- : Following new legislation in Calalin, business leaders are mailing my shadow forged birth certificates in a bid to win their rivals as serfs.
- : Following new legislation in Calalin, the government is often referred to as "the biggest drug dealer in the nation".
- : Calalin's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
Endorsements Received: 17 » Marilyn Manson Freaks, Kyorgia, Schylyne, Florin, Andromeda Islands, Glacikaldr, Emeseses, Aqueira, Holleynaga, Morover, The Land of the Dark Immortals, Zavea, Star Kingdom, Hardscrabble, Zyonn, Toerana, and Fauxia.