The Theocracy of Caladraxia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Dear Leader with an iron fist, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, strictly enforced bedtime, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 17.303 billion Caladraxians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caladrax DC. The average income tax rate is 77.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Caladraxian economy, worth a remarkable 7,366 trillion Sigils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 425,738 Sigils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
International collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Caladraxia, schoolchildren are arrested for possessing sidewalk chalk without a permit, classes are regularly interrupted by drunken children, and small shoes often wash up on the beach. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Caladraxia's national animal is the Ice Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Personality Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Caladraxia, small shoes often wash up on the beach.
- : Caladraxia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Caladraxia, classes are regularly interrupted by drunken children.
- : Following new legislation in Caladraxia, schoolchildren are arrested for possessing sidewalk chalk without a permit.
- : Caladraxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Caladraxia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 10% for Most Dead.
- : Caladraxia was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Empire of Jyggalag, infecting 1 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : Caladraxia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies, the Top 5% for Largest Populations, and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : Following new legislation in Caladraxia, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Caladraxia.
- : Caladraxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.