The Commonwealth of Cairnben is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by the Commonwealth Council with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, fear of technology, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.536 billion Cairnbenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nubierth. The average income tax rate is 83.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Cairnbenian economy, worth 224 trillion bretzels a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,678 bretzels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, and the nation is known as the cheapskates of The North Pacific. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cairnben's national animal is the hummingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, the nation is known as the cheapskates of The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned spouses.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom.
- : Cairnben was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, Nubierth's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Cairnben's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
Endorsements Received: 65 » Buckerino, Aerilia, The Utopian Movement, South Grand Mountain, Vogonlandia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Aenglaland, Yaorozu, Wodan, PlanetPunk, Sunto, Siwale, Stareogratia, Great Bights Mum, Corfad, Diodone, Inorganic Tomb Thing, WE Empire, Pakistan 001, Notyoutopia, Buten, Bayern-Straubing, Cloydicia, Universal State Formula, Rockym, Cuyan, Territorio di Nessuno, Coemgen, Thenaca, The Lancerian Empire, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Coppicia, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Ainsworth, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sanjurika, Kwaj, Kelvaros Prime, HMS Unicorn, Slaughterhouse Nine, Forunte, Anima Proxa, Phillywob, Zandir Antari, Reannia, Prevaland, Holy Oranz, Morrn, Wineclaw, and 15 others.Republic of Dixie, McMasterdonia, Horsley Land, Bharathvarsh, American MapleStory, Che Sana Und, Velow, Malta Comino Gozo, Deropia, Libotionia, Felhaven, ABC, Selfgradatude, Midds Conia, and Unimaginable Doom.