The República of Cafe y el Tabaco is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.211 billion Cafe y el Tabacoans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caffe Leone. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.4%.
The thriving Cafe y el Tabacoan economy, worth 462 trillion monedas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 64,096 monedas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 188,071 per year while the poor average 17,219, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
The government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, and the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Cafe y el Tabaco's national animal is the Burro, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cafe y el Tabaco's influence in Sumerian Coalition rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Cafe y el Tabaco's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Cafe y el Tabaco's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Cafe y el Tabaco's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : Cafe y el Tabaco's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Hermit" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Cafe y el Tabaco's influence in Sumerian Coalition rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Cafe y el Tabaco altered its national flag.
- : Cafe y el Tabaco relocated from Lazarus to Sumerian Coalition.
- : Cafe y el Tabaco was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Cafe y el Tabaco ceased to exist in Sumerian Coalition.