The Hands Off Venezuela of Caelapes is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Victor Linden with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, avant-garde cinema, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.729 billion Caelapenes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scæva. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Caelapitan economy, worth a remarkable 4,093 trillion rosariuses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an amazing 230,914 rosariuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive, and it's been a banner year for local vexillology. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Caelapes's national animal is the blue-billed duck, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caelapes's influence in The Internationale fell from "Hermit" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Allied communes of The Decapole counsils removed Embassies and Polls authority from Caelapes and renamed the office from "Vice-Delegate" to "Comrade Off-Site Administrator" in The Internationale.
- : Caelapes's influence in The Internationale rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Hermit".
- : Caelapes agreed to construct embassies between The Internationale and The Communist Bloc.
- : Caelapes agreed to construct embassies between The Internationale and The Socialist Syndicalist Union.
- : Caelapes agreed to construct embassies between The Internationale and Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Caelapes agreed to construct embassies between The Internationale and The Leftist Assembly.
- : Caelapes agreed to construct embassies between The Internationale and North Korea.
- : Caelapes added the tag "Offsite Forums" to The Internationale.
- : Caelapes added the tag "Non-English" to The Internationale.