The Collectivist Oligarchy of Cacnesia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Citizen Zero with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.019 billion Cacnesians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Airstrip One. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cacnesian economy, worth 577 trillion Ingsoc Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 191,440 Ingsoc Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Warfare increasingly resembles a video game, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cacnesia's national animal is the Worker Ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Cacnesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality and Most Patriotic.
- : Cacnesia changed its national animal to "Worker Ant".
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, historic buildings are being demolished to allow for road-widening in the city centre.
- : Cacnesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Airstrip One.
Endorsements Received: 137 » Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, Pakitsk, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, Rainbow Vests, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ridann, Dragons Blood, Merlovich, Axdel, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Khadah, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, New Leganes, Staynes, Asendavia, Oofery, Lingu, Coruh, Sunsistan, Modra, Wallenburg, Harro Waarudho, Tshana, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, Nevertopia, Roliganistan, Tassirion, Unger under over, Goodnamesarerare, The Almighty Country, Elejamie, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Kaigi, Lyontisia, Lurolona, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, CheeseBurrito, Servants of Gizmo, Dravida India, Packilvania, Seri Tai Republic, Adavan, and 87 others.Biggstonia, Blobbo, Our Gods, Grossvietnam, The Empire of Rijelv, Kublam, United China Nation, ReeK, From New World, Joundia, Katyunon, Talitoa, Headpat Central, Jamitri, A Slanted Black Stripe, Freedom Fascists, Davinhia, Kangarawa, Zang0, Arunika, Wanabe, FreedomIand, Kriov, Kelsyth, Federated States of Zootron, Gunov, Wiranath, Albrook, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, East Malaysia, Enlil, Dannemarie, Brotherland, Wisdoms and Knowledges, Roissyland, Juliania Secundus, Freedomindia, JosheNation, Tofoon, Monix, Taurora, Rabarbarys, Survivoristan, Slonful, Eastern Alksearia, Cellar Doors, Johor DT, Jove Mahmo, Airrajul, Pirnovo, Acronis, Roma IV, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Dahom, Blobon, Devlon, Dragonia, CopyCato, Rhealaliit, Empire of Dabiristan, Nythi, Concentus, Cafe Hell, Trimmania, Veterans Association, Northern Celavon, Gnofnordclancedenilland, Canadian Technocrats, ArenaC, Cham Cha, Clarence-Voslage, Aquyia, Cymru Broadcasters, Bai Lung, Amerylandia, Expensive Waters, Bundes Republic Deutschland, Maricentria, Colligation, Atalaia, Aivintis, Namatama, Fanderia, Imperial Akatsuki, and Distro-Spartica.