The Republic of By Mothers Basement is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 236 million By Mothers Basementians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The sizeable but inefficient By Mothers Basementian economy, worth 11.3 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 47,750 bitcoins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 152,939 per year while the poor average 11,314, a ratio of 13.5 to 1.
Abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, schools offer a range of lessons in subjects as diverse as The Economics of Bullying for Lunch Money, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, and one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. By Mothers Basement's national animal is the doormouse, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : By Mothers Basement's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : By Mothers Basement voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Marriage Equality".
- : By Mothers Basement withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Zwangzug".
- : By Mothers Basement voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Zwangzug".
- : Following new legislation in By Mothers Basement, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : By Mothers Basement was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : By Mothers Basement was endorsed by The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.
- : By Mothers Basement lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in By Mothers Basement, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
- : By Mothers Basement's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
Endorsements Received: 1 » NewTexas.