The Free Land of Butea is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 7.482 billion Buteans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Braila City. The average income tax rate is 29.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Butean economy, worth 755 trillion RONS a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 100,971 RONS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, abortions are routinely performed in Butea's hospitals, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Butea's national animal is the LEU, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Butea's influence in Equinox rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes, Highest Economic Output, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.