|Capital||The Fiery Death|
The Republic to Democracy of BurningPhoenix is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Phoenix Wrong with an even hand, and notable for its digital currency, daily referendums, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 5.094 billion BurningPhoenixians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Fiery Death. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient BurningPhoenixian economy, worth a remarkable 1,331 trillion Fenixes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 261,351 Fenixes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, it's said that any enemy of democracy is a friend to Phoenix Wrong, and excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. BurningPhoenix's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BurningPhoenix was endorsed by The People's Republic of Hopolieistan.
- : Following new legislation in BurningPhoenix, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : BurningPhoenix voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in BurningPhoenix, it's said that any enemy of democracy is a friend to Phoenix Wrong.
- : Following new legislation in BurningPhoenix, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in BurningPhoenix, the carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills.
- : BurningPhoenix endorsed The United States of The Democratic Democracy of Democracies.
- : BurningPhoenix was endorsed by The United States of The Democratic Democracy of Democracies.
- : Following new legislation in BurningPhoenix, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- : Following new legislation in BurningPhoenix, residential tower blocks are surrounded by warrens of concrete tunnels.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Anarchic Cirrikh, Saint Shepard, The United Sangha, Saniston, Hispania Aeterna, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Parangaba, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Thebrin, Melres e Medas, Kheshiga, Arbados Balarascia, Blakkland, The Reunification of Korea, Tanamerah, Grand Radia, Ostveimar, ZhongMania, Phallas, Souptorrych, Redternetia, Swedenirl1, Calusahatchii, Dynamic Revolution, Theria Han, Itilien, Virgondo, The palace of God 2, Ubertas, Daiamid, The Steephills, Old Mare, North Fluedan, Uinted Communist of Africa, Kolechecka, Jacarta, Illeron, Very Good Nation, Domona, Westacaucasus, Kethania, South Asian Socialist Republics, Lentilha, Ambaniala, Terrapinne, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Shamian, Transbiansylvania, Soviet Felines, and 43 others.Kitchen Nation, Marxmeans, Liliumtopia, Therlica, Caerebor, Virdmar, Southern Taraxacia, Vulga, Great Galanthia, Secutor, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Huelistan, Ima, Pajonia, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, Zaversko, Rothnia, -Gregoria, Whatevernext, Juiklop, The Plebeian States, Anarhic Morrowind, Imperial Plumbus, Soviet Socialist Anglia, Lorgim Lukka, Radicalania, Garbynia, Vilouki, Cinnamon Resort, Council of America, Bibliophilius, Hachea, Kahira el-Mubaraka, The Greater Tulsa Area, Mazovian Proletarians, New Astri, Red nation state, Sirijiva, Akasaka Sad, The Democratic Democracy of Democracies, and Hopolieistan.