|Leader||Pentarchic Gohulian Directorship|
The Gohulian Republic of Bunkaiia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Pentarchic Gohulian Directorship with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, daily referendums, and lack of airports. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.351 billion Bāņkaïans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ponaigā. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Bāņkaïan economy, worth 455 trillion Lulu ȴs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 135,971 Lulu ȴs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, a government program is underway to revitalize Bunkaiia's beaches, refugees from other nations are flocking to Bunkaiia's border, and children aren't allowed to chew their pencils until they get home from school. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bunkaiia's national animal is the Korbuna Crocodilians, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Mazdakite Zoroastrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, children aren't allowed to chew their pencils until they get home from school.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, refugees from other nations are flocking to Bunkaiia's border.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, a government program is underway to revitalize Bunkaiia's beaches.
- : Bunkaiia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, the new intercity submarine SSN Korbuna Crocodilians Warrior instills terror in claustrophobic travellers.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, religious leaders order congregants to love any neighbour who is just like themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Bunkaiia, the bourgeoisie are asked nicely to hand over the means of production.
- : Bunkaiia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Unwarranted Digital Surveillance".
Endorsements Received: 65 » Ruinenlust, Lura, Middle Barael, Atsvea, Ownzone, Daarwyrth, Kyratistani, Ransium, Chilledsville, Feladria, Reannia, Novian Republics, Pythaga, Frieden-und Freudenland, Canaltia, Bananaistan, The Most Serene Republicans, Love and Nature, Eryndlynd, Uan aa Boa, Candlewhisper Archive, Terrabod, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Forgotten Beauty, Norginlajicratefe, Sacara, Crowacia, Blue Nagia, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, New Latin Locality, Kawastyselir, The Cypher Nine, Blon Gre, Effazio, Dasche, Roless, Alcantaria, Einswenn, Uniania Geeth, Lugnan, Fartsniffage, The Void Territories, New Kvenland, Difinbelk 2, New Ladavia, Niyebe, Deontologia, Anachronolandia, and 15 others.Cuillin, Simbolon, Hyon Delta, Pen Blanityion, Caterasia, Hoochlandia, Londombia, Ironic Remarks, Verdant Haven, Ziotah and Riverside, Ashrah, Kepler-0085, Eaven, Litauengrad, and Bregaria.