The Vampire Slayer of Buffy is a massive, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, avowedly heterosexual populace, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.872 billion Buffyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sunnydale. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.9%.
The strong Buffyian economy, worth 218 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 56,370 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 162,318 per year while the poor average 15,549, a ratio of 10.4 to 1.
Police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Buffy's national animal is the vampire, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Buffy's influence in Founderless rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Buffy's influence in Founderless rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Buffy's influence in Founderless rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Buffy lodged a message on the Founderless Regional Message Board.
- : Buffy relocated from Osiris to Founderless.
- : Buffy altered its national flag.
- : Buffy was refounded in Osiris.
- : Buffy ceased to exist in Annalene.
- : Buffy's influence in Annalene fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Buffy's influence in Annalene fell from "Handshaker" to "Squire".