|Faith||Unclepearan Marxist Voodoo|
The Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Papa Unclepear with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 16.315 billion Bruumans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bayougrad. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Bruuman economy, worth a remarkable 2,048 trillion Rubledolls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 125,572 Rubledolls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The banshee wail foretells skies of death, child labor has been outlawed, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk, and forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bruuma's national animal is the Rainbow Serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Unclepearan Marxist Voodoo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bruuma, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies.
- : Bruuma's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Bruuma relocated from Lazarus to The South Pacific.
- : Bruuma was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Bruuma ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Bruuma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Bruuma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Bruuma, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Bruuma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Bruuma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.