The Most Serene Republic of Bruke is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate, devout population of 2.867 billion Brukeans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brukeville. The average income tax rate is 46.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Brukean economy, worth 274 trillion weriks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 95,879 weriks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The well-off amuse themselves by organizing upstairs-downstairs stories within their second homes, grumpy old house owners demand that pedestrians get off their footpaths, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, and demand for night vision goggles and boat engine mufflers has spiked. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bruke's national animal is the Ethiopian lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bruke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Bruke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : Bruke published "History of Various Ethnic Groups in the Royal Republic" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Bruke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities"".
- : Bruke voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restricting Solitary Confinement".
- : Bruke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The North Pacific".
- : Bruke withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Antifa".
- : Bruke was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Bruke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Antifa".
- : Bruke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes".