The Empire of Brug Empire is a small, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 26 million Brug Empireans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.0%.
The very strong Brug Empirean economy, worth 1.93 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 74,333 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 271,743 per year while the poor average 14,422, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Gigantic new prisons are springing up all over the nation, the education system has gotten a recent boost in spending, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and the minority party is vilified for everything from fires to earthquakes. Crime is moderate. Brug Empire's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brug Empire became WA Delegate of Brugberg.
- : Brug Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Brug Empire published "End the World Assembly" (Bulletin: Campaign).
- : Brug Empire submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Civil Rights Board entitled "End the World Assembly".
- : Brug Empire was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Bruggets.
- : Brug Empire was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Brugberg.
- : Brug Empire was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Brug Empire applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Brug Empire, the minority party is vilified for everything from fires to earthquakes.
- : Brug Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.