The Holy Red Zombie Land of Brokemia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Markopsis Banfeld with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, free-roaming dinosaurs, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 9.356 billion Brokemians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Education, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brokenstar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 83.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Brokemian economy, worth a remarkable 2,794 trillion Waffles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 298,642 Waffles, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, when shaking hands with foreign leaders Markopsis Banfeld wears an armoured gauntlet, mandatory patriotic themes make even the newest movies feel like remakes, and people who make the leader's blood boil get boiled. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brokemia's national animal is the Kitty, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kittien.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brokemia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Brokemia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Brokemia, people who make the leader's blood boil get boiled.
- : Following new legislation in Brokemia, mandatory patriotic themes make even the newest movies feel like remakes.
- : Brokemia endorsed The Commonwealth of The Grand Canyon Alliance.
- : Brokemia endorsed The Kingdom of Poflua.
- : Brokemia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Brokemia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Grand Canyon Alliance.
- : Brokemia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Poflua.
- : Brokemia's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
Endorsements Received: 26 » DiRito-Opolis, Fenger Guo, Luna Dam, Tiskaiya, Technical Difficulties, Die Riech, Helaw, W1nky, Rojava Free State, Santo Thomas, Union of Socialist Republic of The Isle, New Rodack, Niffelheim, Chevron Omega, Indian Worker Councils, Arnoldiastaniatia, Sheepistan, The Priesthood of Kevin, Ashner, Redstoniana, Romanian Lands, Nation Name 30, King Goro, Bretislavia, Poflua, and The Grand Canyon Alliance.