The Holy Red Zombie Land of Brokemia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Markopsis Banfeld with an iron fist, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.046 billion Brokemians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brokenstar. The average income tax rate is 80.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Brokemian economy, worth a remarkable 1,967 trillion Waffles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 279,246 Waffles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant, ghost regiments exist only on paper, national chefs believe that you can eat anything so long as you deep fry it first, and home renovation shows are increasingly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brokemia's national animal is the Kitty, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kittien.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brokemia withdrew its endorsement from The Golden Liberty Hounds of DiRito-Opolis.
- : Brokemia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Farm".
- : Brokemia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Brokemia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Brokemia, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Brokemia, national chefs believe that you can eat anything so long as you deep fry it first.
- : Following new legislation in Brokemia, ghost regiments exist only on paper.
- : Brokemia endorsed The Empire of Zukaki.
- : Brokemia endorsed Ahch-t0.
- : Brokemia endorsed The Colony of Herringmore.
Endorsements Received: 27 » DiRito-Opolis, Antarcticao, Bolderdash, Fenger Guo, Union of Socialist Republic of The Isle, The city or Rlyeh, Luna Dam, Demenian, Tiskaiya, Technical Difficulties, Genova and Liguria, Holy Bolivar Empire, Panem and Circensis, Betmet, Die Riech, Whitcomb Kingdom, The XII Legion Fulminata, Vort, Nueva Rico, Helaw, Markanism, Libertariamy, Hot Crazy Matrix, Lovely Pickles, W1nky, New Slovakastan, and The Ysion.