|Leader||President Diana Ross|
The Commonwealth of British Alban is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Diana Ross with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.114 billion Americans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient British Albanian economy, worth 769 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 150,401 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
High school bands practice by moonlight, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, politicians always seem reluctant to publish their tax returns, and elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. British Alban's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in British Alban, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Following new legislation in British Alban, politicians always seem reluctant to publish their tax returns.
- : British Alban voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : British Alban voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : British Alban was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in British Alban, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- : British Alban endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Following new legislation in British Alban, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in British Alban, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to President Diana Ross's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in British Alban, they say that Americans made a dessert and called it peace.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Rouvenor, Regnum Italiae, South St Maarten, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Champions League, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, The Seven Provinces, Northern German Federation, The New Nordic Union, Germany Third Reich, Ahma, Irminsulia, Troltovia, Thracia Republic, Pilipinas and Malaya, An Clar, Lovisa, Thracia and Crimea, North of Americas, Wombelland, Umeria, Slavorussia, Greate San Marino, Cytadela, Pazano, HYDRA-Russian Empire, GanymedEuropa, Nardin, Super Happy Land, Miharr, Dark Matter, Feria-Alkaline, Monkistan, Saiwania, The Mongol Plain, Dauershire, Kaspinia, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Chioganah, Milfgaerd, Ansington, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Dorpz, Outer Sparta, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, and 47 others.Leranditale, Beauprix, Kenmoria WA Mission, Bahnhofstrasse, Republic Of Vox, Mantcor, Brakanistan, Apabeossie, Belgique et France, Monte Naranja, New Vorarlberg, Purgatio, Northlandic Republic, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, British Norklon, Lumitauka, Soviet Taoistan, Sagral, Alsted, Elisabethshagen, Blighteria, Novo Portugal, Nevelja, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Betasia, Stromia, Neuchateau, Walfo, Mallesia, Enway, The Wretched of this Earth, Lord Sapre, Novum Hesperia, Rijland, Puhja, Einswenn, Shagolaa, Elitestland, Swillinia, Sienkahn, Invernessia, The Anrica, Continental Social Democrats, and Riverpost.