The Republic of BrightFutures is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 33.72 billion BrightFuturesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Law & Order, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of BrightFutures City. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient BrightFuturesian economy, worth a remarkable 6,513 trillion Luminosities a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 193,151 Luminosities, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather, laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, the transit system is throwing poor people under the bus, and claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. BrightFutures's national animal is the Sun, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BrightFutures was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : BrightFutures's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in BrightFutures, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges.
- : BrightFutures's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : BrightFutures's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : BrightFutures's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : BrightFutures altered its national flag.
- : BrightFutures was refounded in Balder.
- : BrightFutures ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : BrightFutures was endorsed by Generic pacific endorser.