The Most Christian Realm of Bresdenn is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Brian IV of the Bresdennian Realm with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 11.944 billion Bresdennians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Corlo. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bresdennian economy, worth 905 trillion Bresdennian Bills a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,840 Bresdennian Bills, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's image rights are the strictest in the world, children's toy tractors have been seized as state property, Tourism facilities are being turned into Bresdennian Dragon habitats, and invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bresdenn's national animal is the Bresdennian Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Holy Bresdennian Baptist Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bresdenn's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Bresdenn altered its national flag.
- : Bresdenn relocated from Osiris to 10000 Islands.
- : Bresdenn's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bresdenn's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bresdenn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Bresdenn's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bresdenn was refounded in Osiris.
- : Bresdenn ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Bresdenn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.