|Leader||Emperor Brenton XVI|
|Faith||The Faith of the Four|
The Imperial Republic of Brentonania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Brenton XVI with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, avant-garde cinema, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 17.732 billion Brentons have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Alexandria. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Brenton economy, worth a remarkable 4,471 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 252,189 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Studio executives abandon tragic stories of star-crossed lovers because "it's been done", captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, the doctor has cold hands, and the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brentonania's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is The Faith of the Four.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brentonania's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Brentonania's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Brentonania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Brentonania's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Brentonania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Brentonania's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Brentonania was refounded in Balder.
- : Brentonania ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Brentonania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Brentonania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Largest Governments.