The Free Land of Breat is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.828 billion Breatians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Poggers. The average income tax rate is 91.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Breatian economy, worth 201 trillion teds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 110,101 teds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety, children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, and they who do not work shall not eat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Breat's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Breat's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Breat's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Breat, they who do not work shall not eat.
- : Breat was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Breat ceased to exist in The Leftist Assembly.
- : Breat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Breat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Breat was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Breat was endorsed by The Socialist Republic of Somiens-et-Haveras.
- : Breat was endorsed by The Aquatic Federation of Socialist Alexandra.