The Cultured State of Brancaland is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Justin Truderp with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 2.454 billion Brancalandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nottawa. The average income tax rate is 29.9%.
The thriving Brancalandian economy, worth 170 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 69,679 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned, government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content, and litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job. Crime is totally unknown. Brancaland's national animal is the Brancalandian Goose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brancaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Brancaland's influence in Eiranea fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Brancaland's influence in Eiranea fell from "Enforcer" to "Instigator".
- : Brancaland's influence in Eiranea rose from "Minnow" to "Enforcer".
- : Brancaland relocated from Osiris to Eiranea.
- : Brancaland altered its national flag.
- : Brancaland was refounded in Osiris.
- : Brancaland ceased to exist in Eiranea.
- : Brancaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Brancaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.