The Dictatorship of BoxcarJim is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 8.481 billion BoxcarJimians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient BoxcarJimian economy, worth 799 trillion bills a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 94,300 bills, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The latest guided missile cruiser "Ship-1642" has received precisely zero column inches in the press, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia, among slaves 'bastard' is an honorific rather than an insult, and 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. BoxcarJim's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BoxcarJim was endorsed by The Gold Blood Arkadipa of Nagaraningrad.
- : BoxcarJim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : BoxcarJim was endorsed by The Omnipresent Baby of Doom of Varanius.
- : BoxcarJim was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Santos-Dominius.
- : BoxcarJim was endorsed by The Republic of Sirulinuck.
- : Following new legislation in BoxcarJim, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Following new legislation in BoxcarJim, among slaves 'bastard' is an honorific rather than an insult.
- : Following new legislation in BoxcarJim, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in BoxcarJim, the latest guided missile cruiser "Ship-1642" has received precisely zero column inches in the press.
- : Following new legislation in BoxcarJim, the meaning of life was recently discovered in the patch notes for Version 1.42.
Endorsements Received: 56 » DiscGolfLand, Fujai, Mathematania, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Holmani, Dilber, Pandaland II, Akshireuya, Wickedly evil people, Sindria, Psikuta, Condonohia, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, The divisive isolationists, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Kiensu, Ferroia, Einherfell, The Undivided, IndyCar Racing, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Liberillia, Volkason, The Technocratic Ideas, Giovanniland, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Moriari, Valocke, Rowdy, Zuriath, Leukogeras, Yaspica, The First Earth Empire, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Orcatortugs, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zoran, Weratt, Galaxy Meows, Podium, Professor thomas, The Anti-Social Socialists, and 6 others.Av Libertas Vindex, The North American Assembly, Omskin, Free Radio States, Sirulinuck, and Santos-Dominius.