The Autonomous Community of Bougainville Province is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 5.675 billion bougainvilleans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Administration, Public Transport, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arawa. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.8%.
The very strong bougainvillean economy, worth 325 trillion kinas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 57,401 kinas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 192,696 per year while the poor average 12,687, a ratio of 15.2 to 1.
The weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme, confused drunks wake up to irate drill sergeants whipping them into shape, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Bougainville Province's national animal is the flying fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes rose from "Contender" to "Enforcer".
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes rose from "Diplomat" to "Contender".
- : Bougainville Province's influence in The Snakes rose from "Zero" to "Diplomat".
- : Bougainville Province changed its national motto to "Hello".
- : Bougainville Province revoked its national leader.
- : Bougainville Province revoked its national faith.