|Leader||Chancellor Daniel Fernández|
The Peoples Republic of Borrin Quen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor Daniel Fernández with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, soft-spoken computers, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.557 billion Borrinqueños are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Puerto Rico. The average income tax rate is 79.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Borrinqueñoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,011 trillion Dólar Borrins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is 95,809 Dólar Borrins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Snitches get riches, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home, the love has gone in Borrin Quen, and sharing vacation pictures requires written consent from the entire beach resort. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borrin Quen's national animal is the Coquí, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Injunct The Crown Dependency of Hong Kong".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Transportation of Hazardous Materials".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Crown Dependency of Hong Kong".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "All We Want for Christmas Is You".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Light Pollution".
- : Borrin Quen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Philippines".
- : Borrin Quen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Heritage Protection Committee Creation".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Educational Equality Act".
- : Borrin Quen published "Political Parties in Borrin Quen" (Factbook: Politics).
Endorsements Received: None.