The Peoples Republic of Borrin Quen is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, soft-spoken computers, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.904 billion Borrin Quenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quensington. The average income tax rate is 43.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Borrin Quenian economy, worth 253 trillion Quins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 65,024 Quins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Angry citizens complain that there isn't enough geographical diversity on the new banknotes, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", the government is avowedly secular, and debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borrin Quen's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Borrin Quen's influence in Groland rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Borrin Quen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Borrin Quen was endorsed by The People's Syndicalist Commune of Lacovia.
- : Borrin Quen endorsed The People's Syndicalist Commune of Lacovia.
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Borrin Quen was endorsed by The Free Land of Amadar.
- : Borrin Quen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Borrin Quen, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Borrin Quen, the government is avowedly secular.