The Peoples Republic of Borrin Quen is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Jose with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.909 billion Borrin Quenians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quensington. The average income tax rate is 63.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Borrin Quenian economy, worth 426 trillion Quins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 72,120 Quins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Borrin Quen's border, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, every workday begins with group therapy, and people are raising their middle finger to non-digital currencies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borrin Quen's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Borrin Quen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Borrin Quen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Borrin Quen lost the endorsement of The Most Serene Republic of St Whales Land.
- : Borrin Quen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europa"".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : Borrin Quen was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of St Whales Land.
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pope Hope".
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Transgender Hormone Therapy".
- : Borrin Quen was endorsed by The Unholy Zombie of Xposfera.
- : Borrin Quen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pencil Sharpeners 2".