The Constitutional Monarchy of Borpup 6 is a huge, safe nation, notable for its lack of airports, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The democratic population of 514 million Borpup 6ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 26.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Borpup 6ian economy, worth 21.5 trillion rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Retail, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 41,753 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders, aeroplanes have been converted into housing units after all air travel was outlawed, tourists visiting the nation are harangued for being capitalist pig-dogs, and most voters only see their chosen representative visit once every election cycle. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borpup 6's national animal is the tiger.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Borpup 6's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Borpup 6 relocated from Smol Fur Empire to Artificial Solar System.
- : Borpup 6 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Borpup 6's influence in Smol Fur Empire rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Borpup 6 endorsed The Colony of Syroxus.
- : Borpup 6 endorsed The Incorporated States of Azeri-Turkistan.
- : Borpup 6 endorsed The Republic of Short Sharp Shock.
- : Borpup 6 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Smol Fur Empire.
- : Borpup 6 was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Borpup 6 applied to join the World Assembly.