The Unitary Republic of Borinsa is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Rasko Horvoti with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.806 billion Borinsans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rosgrava. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Borinsan economy, worth 347 trillion Borins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 72,343 Borins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", the government loves seeing the little people fight, and the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borinsa's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholisism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Borinsa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Borinsa published "Furdom seeks minority religion status in Borinsa." (Bulletin: News).
- : Borinsa published "Immigration update." (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, the Party has more splits than a yo-yo dieter's trousers.
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies.
- : Following new legislation in Borinsa, the reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation.