The National Corporatist State of Bopatog is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by National triumvirate with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and suspicion of poets. The cynical population of 2.25 billion Bopatogians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unanuia. The average income tax rate is 24.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bopatogian economy, worth 117 trillion bottle caps a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 52,185 bottle caps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Artists regularly face criminal charges and art-burning parties are common, childhood friends of National triumvirate are living it large abroad at the taxpayers' expense, blind dates tend to result in bruised shins, and the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Bopatog's national animal is the arctic fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bopatog's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Bopatog's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Bopatog, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations.
- : Bopatog's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Bopatog's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Bopatog updated the World Factbook entry in Cities of the World.
- : Bopatog relocated from The Defenders of Nations and States to Cities of the World.
- : Bopatog's influence in The Defenders of Nations and States rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Continental Union of Frostland granted Appearance authority to Bopatog as National Corporatist Party Representative in Cities of the World.
- : Bopatog's influence in The Defenders of Nations and States rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".