The Republic of Bootleg Canada is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Justin Trudeau with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.721 billion Bootleg Canadians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 65.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Bootleg Canadan economy, worth 102 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 59,496 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, vaccinations are mandatory, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, and the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bootleg Canada's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bootleg Canada's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Bootleg Canada endorsed Council for the future.
- : Bootleg Canada endorsed The Kingdom of Poflua.
- : Bootleg Canada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Bootleg Canada was endorsed by The Kingdom of Poflua.
- : Bootleg Canada was endorsed by Council for the future.
- : Bootleg Canada was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of The Neverlands.
- : Following new legislation in Bootleg Canada, the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers.
- : Following new legislation in Bootleg Canada, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in Bootleg Canada, vaccinations are mandatory.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Tiskaiya, Die Riech, Brokemia, DiRito-Opolis, Technical Difficulties, Bretislavia, Elephantinus, Luna Dam, Union of Socialist Republic of The Isle, Helaw, New Rodack, W1nky, Antarcticao, Indian Worker Councils, Sheepistan, The Priesthood of Kevin, Ashner, and Poflua.