|Leader||President Margaret DeFrey|
The Technocratic Meritocracy of Bolslania is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Margaret DeFrey with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 4.906 billion Bolslanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keygate. The average income tax rate is 81.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bolslanian economy, worth 731 trillion Talons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 149,155 Talons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Major boxing matches are held in government buildings, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute, monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Bolslanian citizenship in droves, and Keygate's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bolslania's national animal is the Crow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bolslania's influence in Social Technocratic Union fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Bolslania's influence in Social Technocratic Union rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Bolslania was ejected from the WA for rule violations.
- : Bolslania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Bolslania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Bolslania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Bolslania, Keygate's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Bolslania's influence in Social Technocratic Union rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Bolslania lodged a message on the Social Technocratic Union Regional Message Board.
- : Bolslania was endorsed by The Republic of North Vlanderberg.