The Democratic Republic of Bolitas is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 243 million Bolitoes are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 35.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bolita economy, worth 15.6 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 64,279 Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bolita police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, every week is blindness awareness week, and saying "don't do anything that Leader wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bolitas's national animal is the Toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bolitas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Nazi Europa".
- : Bolitas endorsed The Union of Tekaroe Islands.
- : Bolitas endorsed The Federation of Kaizerslautern.
- : Following new legislation in Bolitas, saying "don't do anything that Leader wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Bolitas was endorsed by The Union of Tekaroe Islands.
- : Bolitas was endorsed by The Federation of Kaizerslautern.
- : Following new legislation in Bolitas, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Bolitas endorsed The Democratic Republic of Branislava.
- : Bolitas's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bolitas was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Branislava.