The Vidus Republic of Bodrog is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emillius Vidus with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, anti-smoking policies, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed population of 12.365 billion Upper Topolians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Topolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Topolian economy, worth a remarkable 2,036 trillion Emilians a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 164,663 Emilians, with the richest citizens earning 8.0 times as much as the poorest.
The military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty, the line of people waiting for a visa interview in front of foreign embassies is typically a mile long, and Upper Topolians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bodrog's national animal is the Pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bodrog was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Bodrog was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Bodrog was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Bodrog, Upper Topolians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks.
- : Following new legislation in Bodrog, the line of people waiting for a visa interview in front of foreign embassies is typically a mile long.
- : Following new legislation in Bodrog, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Bodrog, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Bodrog endorsed The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Bodrog was endorsed by The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Bodrog was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Elisabethshagen, Invernessia, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Agausia, Eco-Paris Reformation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Champions League, Meropis, Northern German Federation, Walfo, St Scarlett, Belvanski, Sicheslav, Irminsulia, Berlin and Hanover, Kanokla, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, Dark Matter, Ausvelt, The Federal States of Ezasao, Regnum Italiae, Eppur, GanymedEuropa, Ottterland, Othenhiem, An Clar, Nardin, Rary, Thracia and Crimea, Herlobia, Shicksal, 0sona, Apabeossie, United States of Russia1, Gliesetonia, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Imperium Anglorum, New Eestiball, Dervenland, Someseni, Dabarastan, Heplon, Felhaven, Gorzi, Panversia, The Templar Papal New State, Noristoniaka, and 5 others.The Reunited Yugoslavs, Corsoaua, Zulrich, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.