The Commonwealth of Bobadyk is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sotha Sil with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, disturbing lack of elderly people, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.953 billion Bobadykians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bodabykinn I. The average income tax rate is 28.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Bobadykian economy, worth 301 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 154,386 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
The new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", the government offers gay men mildly offensive tips on how to pass as straight, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts, and death row is annually emptied to feed the nation's hunger for televised murder-games. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bobadyk's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, death row is annually emptied to feed the nation's hunger for televised murder-games.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, the government offers gay men mildly offensive tips on how to pass as straight.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Bobadyk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Service".
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, politicians are forced to wear portable lie detectors at all times.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, census workers are having a hard time figuring out who is actually living in Bobadyk after the ban on emigration was lifted.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, a paperwork error has naval privateers being directed to attack land-locked nations.
- : Following new legislation in Bobadyk, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
Endorsements Received: 84 » New Leganes, Axdel, Marrabuk, VW53Aland, Dragons Blood, Romanoddle Republic, CheeseBurrito, The Holy Rat, Republic of Berzerkistan, Order of the Saint Dumas, Elejamie, Lanagon, Kriov, Enlil, Lyontisia, Harro Waarudho, Talitoa, Trimmania, Kaigi, Ridann, Roliganistan, Seri Tai Republic, Fellon, Amabilis, Bai Lung, Grossvietnam, Caymarnia, The Almighty Country, A mean old man, Kangarawa, A Slanted Black Stripe, New Bradenia Ghost, Jankono, Blobbo, East Malaysia, Thurland, Vilender, Barfleur, Goodnamesarerare, Verconia, Abtracnt, Unger under over, Wakeopolis, Grangrado, Vaskeden, Xhya-zsathis 03b, Zang0, OhCraplakistan, Azosd, Akimera, and 34 others.Murshan, Novosejia, Triumphiam, ArenaC, Asendavia, Trinchet, La Xinga, NewImperia, Altys, Tassirion, Wiranath, Dwightica, Aivintis, Pondingonia, West Nagato, Goat Republic, Solek, Roissyland, Brotherland, Evrigenis, The Marlands, Varhemia, Japan and the Korean Peninsula, Khusja, Gran Yucanoa, Davidos Bananos, Empire of Dabiristan, Canadian Technocrats, Amjedia, Mabornia, Anarchic Gang, Coruh, Merlovich, and Great Aztlatan CommonWealth.