The Matriarchy of Boadiccea is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Booie with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 12.356 billion Boadicceans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hog Mountain. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Boadiccean economy, worth 428 trillion Tacituses a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 34,678 Tacituses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation, and counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients. Crime is totally unknown. Boadiccea's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boadiccea was endorsed by The Confederacy of Zyvetskistaahn.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The Democratic States of Qwoopoladia.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The Imperial Dynasty of Yalkan.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The North Pacifican Entropy of Sasten.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The United States of Indereac Lanx.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The Deviant Hockey Night CGLM of Novo England.
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation.
- : Boadiccea was endorsed by The Deviant Hockey Night CGLM of Novo England.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Notyoutopia, Frances Francis the First of France, Nova Constellation, AdyLand, Inat, Sunto, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, EretzIsrael, Meritdom, Shadowrik, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Vantaria, Plembobria, Xentherida, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Avalon, Lord Ravenclaw, Blackshear41, Elspeth and Samina, Territorio di Nessuno, McMasterdonia, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, HMS Unicorn, Holy Oranz, Potistan, Bharathvarsh, OnionTenshi, Lagondia, Ceretis, Wisconsota, SillyString, Celreostia, Kylesburgh, Narandor, Techislovakia, Selfgradatude, Flooforia, Rumata, Ophlantly, Guslantis, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Vegetarian States, Free Culture, Libera Publica, Szalowa, Sphotch, Republic of Dixie, Everywheristan, and 31 others.Wineclaw, Sankami, Eyes that do not Lie, PatrickSwayze, Venutia, Vladimirius, Dassulvdania, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Reannia, Roctpor, Bourbon-Conde, Erancia, Empy, South Ravian, The Undead Union, Religioncord, Yayness, Skeotho, Bohseon, Siwale, Colony of lasting Hopes, Scallendovia, Qwoopoladia, Yalkan, American MapleStory, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Sasten, Indereac Lanx, Malta Comino Gozo, Novo England, and Zyvetskistaahn.