The Socialist Republic of Blurlandi Union is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dimitri Vodlarv with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, infamous sell-swords, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.149 billion Blurlandonese are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vodlarvgrad. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Blurlandish economy, worth 74.9 trillion Blurls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. Average income is 65,195 Blurls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and in musicals everybody's a little bit racist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blurlandi Union's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blurlandi Union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Blurlandi Union, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Blurlandi Union, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Blurlandi Union was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Blurlandi Union, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Blurlandi Union, EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise.
- : Blurlandi Union's influence in International Party of Communism rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Blurlandi Union relocated from USSR to International Party of Communism.
- : Blurlandi Union founded the region International Party of Communism.
- : Following new legislation in Blurlandi Union, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes.
Endorsements Received: None.