The Republic of Bluepillar is a small, genial nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 40 million Bluepillarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 53.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The basket case Bluepillarian economy, worth 454 billion Blue Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 11,367 Blue Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bluepillar's national animal is the Caterpillar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bluepillar's influence in The Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bluepillar's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bluepillar lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Bluepillar's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bluepillar's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bluepillar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive and Most Income Equality.
- : Bluepillar was founded in The Pacific.