The United Socialist States of Bluenstein is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Agent Blue with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, ban on automobiles, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.056 billion Bluensteinians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Bluensteinian economy, worth 114 trillion Blueroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 108,624 Blueroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the number of judges has tripled in recent months, there's a bustling black market for vegetables, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bluenstein's national animal is the Tyrannosaurus Rex, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bluenstein was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, there's a bustling black market for vegetables.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the number of judges has tripled in recent months.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the doctor has cold hands.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Republic of Satherland, Brakanistan, Ahma, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Slavonia and Srijem, Greate San Marino, Troltovia, An Clar, Supcotia, Bahnhofstrasse, Leranditale, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Outer Sparta, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Apabeossie, Pydrus, Kenmoria WA Mission, The New Nordic Union, Mantcor, GanymedEuropa, Jim the Baptist, Purgatio, Slavorussia, Northlandic Republic, Nardin, Viciebskaja, Pazano, The Kingdom of Denmark, Dark Matter, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Soviet Taoistan, Wessex and Cornwall, Elisabethshagen, Thracia and Crimea, Feria-Alkaline, British Norklon, Alsted, Wombelland, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Stromia, United Polarity, and 19 others.Walfo, Regnum Italiae, Betasia, Porury, Permorania, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Enway, The Greater Eastern Republic, Einswenn, Legique, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Prussian-Union, Kanokla, and Continental Social Democrats.